How to Help
Lost & Found
Volunteers are a vital part of life here at PAWS. They provide undivided attention to the animals, help staff around the office and more.
PAWS [Neonate] Foster Volunteer Program
PAWS Foster Care Volunteers help care for young, motherless kittens & puppies. Kittens & puppies' immune systems are still developing, which increases their chances of illnesses. Foster care allows young pets to have the attention they need to ensure a better chance to live and thrive. No experience is needed to become a Foster Care Volunteer - we'll give you all the training and support you need!
- Must be a Rutherford County, TN resident (for the Foster Care Program ONLY - you do not have to be a Rutherford County resident to apply for the general "On-site/Outreach Volunteer Program).
- Must be 18 years of age or older (applicants will include minor information on their application/form).
- Complete the online PAWS Foster Volunteer Orientation & submit online application.
[Click here to begin the PAWS Foster Volunteer Orientation!]
On-Site & Outreach Volunteer Program
Interested in volunteering at the shelter? On-site (& outreach) volunteers help PAWS maintain high quality care of the animals and continue life-saving work, through innovative programs and services to the community. There are numerous ways you can volunteer at the shelter - you will learn more in the online Volunteer Orientation!
- Must be 18 years of age or older. Volunteers under 18 are welcome as well, accompanied by their parent/legal guardian (applicants will include minor participant information on their application/form).
- Complete the online PAWS Volunteer Orientation & submit online application.
- *Note: You DO NOT have to be a Rutherford County resident to apply for the On-site/Outreach Volunteer Program!
[Click here to begin the PAWS On-site & Outreach Orientation!]
For more questions about PAWS' volunteer programs, please contact the shelter:
By phone: 615-898-7740 (option 5) & request the Volunteer Coordinator
*Please leave a brief message if we are unable to take your call at that time.
By email: [email protected]
We look forward to having you volunteer with us!