Spay and Neuter
PAWS is proud to offer free spay and neuter for cats and dogs of residents of Rutherford County, TN (if you're not a county resident, see other resources at bottom of page)! Thanks to grants and additional funding, we can now provide this service, including a free rabies vaccination for pets 3 months of age or older, if the pet is not current. It is important to spay and neuter your pets. Not only is it good for population control, but it is also good for their health. Certain cancers can be prevented by simply spaying or neutering your pet.
Current Program Details:
PAWS recommends residents apply within Monday-Friday 12-6 p.m. When available, appointment scheduling is offered in-person during the week. Residents interested in applying may also visit the shelter during weekend business hours or submit applications via fax or email (see details below) and all other required documents, to receive a call to be scheduled ASAP.
Please advise: Appointments are scheduled first-come, first-serve. Due to high demand, appointments may be scheduled out several weeks or more from time of application turn in, depending on application volume and appointment availability at that time. Please expect possible delays in receiving a call to be scheduled. Due to staffing, calls to schedule spay/neuter surgeries are typically made on Fridays. Contact 615-898-7740 (option 5) for any questions!
See additional resources and programs via links at the bottom of the page.
How To Apply:
*You must be scheduled for an appointment by the vet office to receive the spay/neuter service. PAWS will not accept guests without an appointment.*
- You must complete the Free Spay/Neuter Form for each pet receiving the service and provide your current/non-expired driver's license or other form of government-issued, photo I.D. (i.e., passport, gun permit, etc.).
- If your driver's license does not reflect your current address, you must provide proof of your current Rutherford County, TN residency (i.e., water/electric bill, lease, etc.).
- Please inform if you may have another person(s) (18+ years of age) pick up and/or drop off your pet(s), for further instruction. This includes spouses.
It is recommended to visit PAWS Monday-Friday 12-6 p.m. to apply within. However, applications may also be printed and submitted with all required documentation via the following methods:
- Fax to: 615-898-7994 (please call or email the address below to confirm your fax was received) OR
- Email to: [email protected].
Questions? Please call us at 615-898-7740 (option 5) and leave a message and call back number if we are unable to take your call at that time. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Free Spay/Neuter Form *(updated 7/23/21)*