How to Help
Lost & Found
Adoption fees for puppies and dogs range depending on the age, how long the animal has been available at the shelter, services offered by PAWS and other factors. Fees for already available pets are listed with the animal's information. This fee includes the following: first distemper combination shot, first deworming, rabies shot, heartworm test for dogs (if old enough) and a spay or neuter. PAWS also offers adoption specials typically once a month. View upcoming events and specials on the PAWS homepage."
Cats are currently a 'name your own price' option to help with the large intake of cats and kittens.
To adopt a pet from PAWS:
- You must be 18 years of age to adopt a pet and provide a current driver’s license or state ID.
- If you live in a rental property, apartment, etc.: Proof of pet deposit, accepted breed/weight information, etc. must be presented prior to adoption.
- Proof of current rabies vaccinations for any currently owned pets and all pets living on property is required.
- If you own a dog, please also prepare to bring the dog(s) to meet with available shelter dogs you may be interested in taking home. Staff will assist with the "meet & greet" process.
- Please prepare to bring all children in the home that are under 18 years of age. We also highly recommend all members of the household be present to visit with potential pets coming home as well.
If your application is approved, you may be able to take your new pet home the same day. We accept cash, checks and now *credit/debit cards. If you pay with a check, it must have your current address and match your driver's license, and credit/debit cards will be charged a $2.00 convenience fee (we cannot accept credit/debit card or check payment from those who are not the account/card holder).