Don't be afraid to report a case of possible animal cruelty or abuse, and speak for those who can't speak for themselves.
There is certain information needed to investigate an animal abuse/neglect case.
A direct witness is required; the complaint cannot be based on hearsay.
- Complainant information: name, address, telephone
- Exact location or address of the animal(s)
- Any information on the owner of the animal(s)
- Statement from complainant
- Condition of animal(s)
- Conditions in which animal(s) are living
If you suspect abuse, please contact us at (615) 898-7740.
If you do not want your name mentioned, please understand that we need specific information from a complainant (name, address, phone number) for the purpose of obtaining a search warrant, if needed.
Possible Signs of Animal Cruelty
- Collar so tight it has caused a neck wound
- Open wounds, signs of multiple healed wounds
- Untreated skin conditions that have caused loss of hair, skin, bumps or rashes
- Extreme thinness or emaciation (bones may be visible)
- Fur infested with fleas, ticks or other parasites
- Patches of bumpy, scaly skin rashes
- Signs of inadequate grooming, such as extreme matting of fur, overgrown nails and dirty coat
- Weakness, limping or inability to stand or walk normally
- Heavy discharge from eyes or nose
- An owner striking or otherwise physically abusing an animal
- Visible signs of confusion or extreme drowsiness